Is it possible to automatically run a Compact Project command once per given period of time?
It is possible to use the CompactProject command from CLI for project administration called FCAdminTools. Here is the article about this command: CompactProject.
This process can be automatized, so the CompactProject command will be executed once per several days/weeks. To do so, please follow the steps:
- Create a new Notepad file that will contain the script code. The code should look like this:
cd C:\Program Files\ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 Stations
FCAdminTools.exe /CompactProject /Project="http://ServerAddress/ProjectName" /U=username /P=password
If you did not install FlexiCapture to the default folder, you will need to change the first line to:
cd <path to the 'ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 Stations' folder>
- Save this file as a .bat file. The easiest way to do this is to save it as a .txt file and then manually edit the file extension from *.txt to *.bat.
- Go to the Windows Task Scheduler (Start -> Task Scheduler) and create a new basic task:
- First specify the name and description of the task, then - how often it will be executed:
- In the Action menu select Start a program:
- After clicking Next you will be prompted to select the program to run. Select the .bat file from p.2.
- Click Next > Finish and make sure that the new task appeared in the list of active tasks:
Now the project will be compacted automatically on a schedule. Other FCAdminTools can be run automatically in a similar way too.
Please sign in to leave a comment.