When FineReader product is started the following error message appears:
ABBYY FineReader Licensing Service is unavailable: The RPC server is unavailable.
ABBYY Licensing service has been stopped. This can be caused by other software e.g. antivirus. Also sometimes the system starts its services that have more priority and the FineReader licensing service was not started due to timeout.
To fix this issue follow the steps below:
- Type in the Windows search Services and open it.
- Find the ABBYY FineReader <version> Licensing Service in the list of services and right-click it.
- Select Properties from the shortcut menu.
- Select the General tab.
- Check if the Automatic item is selected in the Startup type drop-down list. If a different item is selected, select Automatic.
or select Automatic (Delayed start) in case the error message occurs every time after a reboot.
- Click the OK button.
- In the Services dialog, right-click the ABBYY FineReader <version> Licensing Service and select either Start or Restart from the shortcut menu.
- Launch ABBYY FineReader to make sure it is working correctly.
This instruction corresponds to a locally installed FineReader software. If you deploy installation in LAN, follow the instruction from the article.
If there is no ABBYY FineReader Licensing Service in the list of services, please repair the program as described in the article: Repairing FineReader.
If the service was not restored after the repair, uninstall the program as described in the article: How to completely remove FineReader? And reinstall it using the distribution kit of the latest version of the program: FineReader download links.