When the program is starting the following error message appears:
Internal program data are corrupted. Please reinstall the program or contact your system administrator. Error code: 258
Situation could appear because of installation of operating system updates, CCleaner or antivirus software.
If CCleaner software is installed on your computer, follow the steps described in the article.
If CCleaner software is not installed, please follow the steps below:
- Disable antivirus software installed on your computer.
- Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
- Right-click onto ABBYY FineReader and select Uninstall.
- Download the last release of FineReader.
- Install the program following the instructions of the Installation Wizard.
- Enable antivirus software.
- Launch FineReader.
If the error message still occurs we recommend adding the following folders to the exceptions folder of antivirus software installed on your computer:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\ABBYY FineReader <verison>;
Note: the folder Program Data can be hidden. To show hidden folders consult the following link: Show hidden files
If the issue persists after the steps above, please contact Support Team.