When the program is starting the following error message appears: "Internal program data are corrupted. Please reinstall the program or contact your system administrator. Error code: 258"
Situation could appear because of installation of operating system updates, CCleaner or antivirus software.
If CCleaner software is installed on your computer, follow the steps described in the article.
If CCleaner software is not installed, please follow the steps below:
- Disable antivirus software installed on your computer.
- Make sure that the last release of ABBYY FineReader 14 is installed on your computer:
1) Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
2) Check the Version column. The last version will be displayed as 14.7.272.
If you see an earlier version please download the last release on our website.
If this version is displayed follow the steps 3-6.
- Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
- Right-click onto ABBYY FineReader 14 and select Modify and then Repair.
- Wait until the installation is completed.
- Enable antivirus software.
If the error message still occurs we recommend to add the following folders to the exceptions folder of antivirus software installed on your computer:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\ABBYY FineReader 14;
Note: the folder Program Data can be hidden. To show hidden folders consult the following link: Show hidden files
If the issue persists after the steps above, please contact Support Team.