- Create a new administrative installation (install server and License Manager) on a new server as described in the System Administrator's Guide.
- Start the License Manager, add the licenses and activate them.
- If the License Manager is installed on other computers, create the file LicenseManager.ini (or add the parameter to the file) in the %Program Files%\ABBYY FineReader License Server folder on those computers.
In the INI file, create a [Licensing] section and add the "NetworkServerName=<COMPUTER NAME>" property to this section, where <COMPUTER NAME> is the name of the server. The License Manager will connect to this server.
The contents of the LicenseManager.ini file should look like this:
- Restart the ABBYY FineReader licensing service on the computer on which you created the LicenseManager.ini file (Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services > ABBYY FineReader Licensing Service).
- Create a Licensing.ini file in the ABBYY FineReader folder in the installation folder of the administrative installation (the FineReader.exe file should be in the same folder). In this file, create a [Licensing] section and then create a NetworkServerName=<COMPUTER NAME> property in this section. The contents of the Licensing.ini should look like this:
- For concurrent and remote user licenses:
- Uninstall ABBYY FineReader on one of the workstations and install it again.
- A <COMPUTER NAME>.ABBYY.LicServer file, where <COMPUTER NAME> is the value of the NetworkServerName parameter, will be created during the installation. Copy this file to the other workstations.
This file is located in the following folder:
- %programdata%\ABBYY\FineReader\<version number>\Licenses in Windows Vista and later Windows operating systems.
- %allusersprofile%\Application Data\ABBYY\FineReader\<version number>\Licenses in Windows XP and earlier Windows operating systems.
- For per seat licenses:
If per seat licensing is used, the workstations function independently from the License Server, so re-installing ABBYY FineReader on these workstations is not necessary.
The License Manager will display the Free status for all of the licenses though. To get their actual status, select each license in the License Manager and click the Recover button. All licenses that have been used before will get the Free* or Free* (previously activated on WorkstationName) status.
Reserve all earlier activated licenses for workstations where the program is installed (information transfer from the old License Manager can only be performed manually).
Moving the License Server of ABBYY FineReader
Was this article helpful?
25 out of 70 found this helpful
Share the article
Have more questions? Submit a request