How to transfer locally activated Per Seat licenses to a Server?
- Install the License Server and the License Manager as described in the System Administrator's Guide.
- Start the License Manager, add and activate your licenses.
- Remove the license files from the workstations on which FineReader was installed locally (without using any of the administrative installation tools). License files are named <serial number>.ABBYY.License.
This file is located by the following path %programdata%\ABBYY\FineReader\<version number>\Licenses (for Windows Vista and later Windows operating systems).
- Restart the ABBYY FineReader Licensing Service on the workstation (Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services > ABBYY FineReader Licensing Service).
- On the workstation, launch the Setup.exe file from the administrative installation folder and click Repair to install the server version over the current one.