When Screenshot Reader is running in the background the following error appears:
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp\...\_FRBatch.pac was not found.
The message appears if the _FRBatch.pac file was removed from the folder. The situation may be caused by third-party software (registry cleaners, antivirus, etc.) installed on your computer.
To resolve the situation, please do the following:
- Right-click the Screenshot Reader item in the system tray (right bottom corner of the screen) and select Exit:
- Launch Screenshot Reader again (Start Menu > All Programs > ABBYY FineReader > ABBYY Screenshot Reader or open FineReader > Tools > Screenshot Reader).
To avoid the appearance of the error message, please add the following folder to the exceptions of the third-party software (antivirus software, registry cleaners, etc.; you may find the corresponding instructions on the antivirus vendor's website):
- C:\Users\%username% (select the folder with the needed user's name)\AppData\Local\Temp\ABBYY\FineReader\15\Bonus.ScreenshotReader if you are using FineReader 15;
- C:\Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp\Retail.SSR11 if you are using Screenshot Reader 11.
- C:\Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp\ABBYY\FineReaderSprint\16.00\Bonus.ScreenshotReader if you are using FineReader PDF 16 Sprint
Please note, that the AppData folder may be hidden. To enable hidden folders, consult the following article: Show hidden files.
If it not possible to add the temp folder in the white list for the antivirus, please try to disable Run at Startup option for the Screenshot Reader:
- Go to the System tray and right-click the Screenshot Reader icon.
- Select Options > and disable Run at Startup:
- Then close Screenshot Reader and run it once more.