The error message "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp\...\_FRBatch.pac was not found" appears when Screenshot Reader is running in the background.
The message appears if the _FRBatch.pac file was removed from the folder. The situation may be caused by third-party software (registry cleaners, antivirus, etc.) installed on your computer.
To resolve the situation, please do the following:
- Right-click the Screenshot Reader item in the system tray (right bottom corner of the screen) and select Exit:
- Launch Screenshot Reader again (Start Menu > All Programs > ABBYY FineReader > ABBYY Screenshot Reader or open FineReader > Tools > Screenshot Reader).
To avoid the appearance of the error message, please add the following folder to the exceptions of the third-party software (antivirus software, registry cleaners, etc.; you may find the corresponding instructions on the antivirus vendor's website):
- C:\Users\%username% (select the folder with the needed user's name)\AppData\Local\Temp\ABBYY\FineReader\15\Bonus.ScreenshotReader if you are using FineReader 15;
- C:\Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp\ABBYY\FineReader\14.00\Bonus.ScreenshotReader if you are using FineReader 14;
- C:\Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp\Fine.SSR12 if you are using FineReader 12;
- C:\Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp\Retail.SSR11 if you are using Screenshot Reader 11.
- C:\Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp\ABBYY\FineReaderSprint\12.00\Bonus.ScreenshotReader if you are using FineReader 12 Sprint
Please note, that the AppData folder may be hidden. To enable hidden folders, consult the following article: Show hidden files.
If it not possible to add the temp folder in the white list for the antivirus, please try to disable Run at Startup option for the Screenshot Reader:
- Go to the System tray and right-click the Screenshot Reader icon.
- Select Options > and disable Run at Startup:
- Then close Screenshot Reader and run it once more.
Kevin McNulty, Sr
Not much help because you use terminology that users do not understand.
Sorry Victoria but is a very bogus solution.
Abbey reader gets a ZERO rating. As a Systems Manager, I no longer recommend this product. Users are faced with serious delays when trying to do their job. Often this includes completing work for senior management.
Program should detect issue and automatically fix the issue itself. When reported to Abbey support, we received a long and complex fix. Rather than receive a fix program. I not tell users to go Programs and Features and perform a repair.
We also purchased version 15 with hopes to shortcut the error. Version 15 is maybe worst.
Instructions are not clear to me. Where is the "following folder" and where are the "exceptions of the third-party software"? Thank you.
I`m sorry to hear that provided solution was not convenient for you. The error message is connected with deleted temporary file that is stored until Screenshot Reader will be closed.
As another solution I can recommend to remove Screenshot Reader from the apps at system startup (right-click onto Screenshot Reader icon at System tray and select Options, then uncheck Run at Startup option.
I`d appreciate if you share more information about your experience with the current FineReader 15 version by creating a support ticket
I will also forward your comment to our R&D department.
Hello Kevin McNulty, Sr,
I `ve added a screenshot to the instruction. If it is still not clear, please specify at what step would you like to see more user friendly description?
Please sign in to leave a comment.