In the License Manager, the only activation method via the Internet is available. It is not possible to activate licenses on the License Server, on which there is no internet connection.
In the License Manager of Release 2, other activation methods (by e-mail, by e-mail from another computer), which enable activation on the offline server, are temporarily unavailable.
The situation will be fixed in the upcoming program release, and other activation methods will be available in the License Manager.
To activate the licenses offline now, please install the License Server and License Manager of the previous version, in which activation via e-mail is available:
- Uninstall ABBYY FineReader PDF 16 License Server through Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
- After the uninstallation, delete the folder C:\Program Files\ABBYY FineReader 16 License Server if it is still present on the PC.
- Download the archive with the License Server of the previous version by the link: LS_FR16R1u2.rar.
Click the button at the top.
- Extract the archive > open the LS_FR16R1u2 folder.
- Run Install.LS.exe > select Create ABBYY FineReader PDF 16 License Server > complete the installation.
- Start the installed License Manager.
- Activate the licenses.