After configuring the License Manager / when activating a license of FineReader PDF in the Azure Blob storage, the following error message appears in the Event Viewer:
AzureFs synchronization: CCheckException: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><Error><Code>AuthorizationFailure</Code><Message>This request is not authorized to perform this operation.
The error message occurs due to the Azure storage account network firewall restrictions. The setting denies access to the storage.
To resolve the issue, please follow the steps below:
- Open the Blob storage via a web browser. On the left side toolbar go to Security+networking > Networking.
- Select the Firewalls and virtual networks bar and find Public network access.
- Select Enable from all networks or Enable from selected virtual networks and IP addresses, depending on preferences.
- Enter the IP address of the virtual machine where the License Manager and License Server are installed.
Note: there is no need to add IPs of workstations with FineReader PDF 16 installed to the list.
- Click Save.
- After the changes have taken effect, go to the virtual machine where the License Manager and License Server are installed and restart the ABBYY FineReader 16 Licensing Service in Services.
- Then try to activate FineReader PDF 16 Azure license in the License Manager.
After that the new log will appear in the Event Viewer: "AzureFS synchronization: Starting AzureFs subsystem". That means that the virtual machine has access to the Blob storage.