The file was converted to a searchable PDF, but after sending it from FineReader PDF for iOS and opening it in another application, it is no longer searchable.
The created PDF document was not exported as a Recognized document.
To create and export a searchable PDF in the FineReader for iOS application, the following steps should be done:
- In FineReader, take photos of a document > save the photos by tapping Use > Done.
- Tap the Recognize button below the created document > select Preserve text formatting.
- Tap Next > select the OCR languages > select the result format Searchable PDF.
- Tap Recognize.
The searchable PDF will be created.
- After the recognition, select the file and press the Send button.
- Select the Recognized document format. The file will be sent in the format selected as a resulting file format during the recognition. Then, select the sending method.
If the Document PDF option is selected, the application will send the created original PDF file.