Being part of the ABBYY FineReader subscription offer, the FineReader Online service is designed for basic conversion tasks when no PC with the desktop version installed is available to you. For PDF editing and advanced OCR tasks, we recommend using the desktop version of ABBYY FineReader, which is included in your FineReader subscription (for paid plans).
With the desktop version of ABBYY FineReader you will also be able to*:
- Edit any PDFs, including scans, without conversion, create a single PDF from multiple files, comment on and annotate PDFs, search inside PDFs, protect your documents and prepare them for sharing, fill out forms, and more.
- Proofread and correct recognized text and formatting. The desktop version of ABBYY FineReader includes an OCR Editor and verification tools that let you check recognized documents and edit any text and tables they contain.
- Compare two versions of the same document to identify any changes made to its text. You can compare scans, PDFs, Word documents or presentations.
- Convert documents automatically using the ABBYY Hot Folder scheduling tool.
- Take screenshots of any area of the screen and extract text from them with ABBYY Screenshot Reader, a screen capture utility included with ABBYY FineReader.
* The set of ABBYY FineReader features available to you depends on your subscription plan.