1) Please check that the USB-key's green light is on. If the light is off, the USB-key is corrupted and needs to be replaced. If this is the case, please contact your local sales manager.
2) This issue may be caused by an iKey driver issue. Please download the latest version of the iKey driver from ABBYY Share and follow the instructions below to install it.
a) uninstall the old driver (Control Pannel -> Add or Remove Programs),
b) restart the computer ,
c) install the new driver.
3) [For ABBYY FineReader Engine 9.0 and earlier] SafeNet iKeys are not visible over a Remote Desktop or terminal server connection. However, if a service application is used to provide access to the dongle, it will be visible over a Remote Desktop connection.
4) There is a known issue with the hardware key on Windows Server 2003/Windows Server 2008/Vista/Windows7 and on some machines from HP. The iKey dongle can display unstable performance or stop working altogether.
According to SafeNet engineers this problem occurs when the iKey driver works in PCSC mode which uses Smart Card Service (scardsvr.exe). All of the latest versions of the iKey driver do so. Installing the driver in non-PCSC mode (which doesn't use the Smart Card service) should solve this problem. To install the driver in non-PCSC mode, run the installer from the command line with the VR=OFF parameter.
To do this please perform the following steps:
- Uninstall your current driver: go to Control Panel → Add/Remove programs, find Safenet iKey driver in the list and uninstall it.
- Restart the computer.
- Install the driver you downloaded earlier using the command line:
msiexec /i ikeydrvr.msi VR=OFF
Please not that the VR=OFF parameter is case-sensitive.
The driver will be installed without virtual readers and drivers don’t need Smart Card Service.
- Insert your key into a USB port in the computer.
5) The USB dongle may be required by several utilities and programs (such as eToken PKI Client 4.0, SAP Logon and ikeyACR.exe). However, the dongle can only be used by one program at a time, so you will have to terminate all of the utilities.
If the problem persists, please contact us.