ABBYY FineReader can be trained to recognize all Unicode symbols (icon, the © and ® symbols, etc.).
To recognize text with uncommon Unicode symbols, follow the instructions below.
- Create a new language and add all the necessary symbols to its alphabet.
- Start ABBYY FineReader.
- Open the Tools menu and select Language Editor.
- Click the New button.
- Select the language of the text you need to recognize as the base language and click OK.
- Click the ... button next to the Alphabet box.
- Add all the necessary symbols to the alphabet of the new language and click OK.
- Specify the name of the new language. Tweak the additional parameters of the new language if necessary.
- When you've finished editing the language, click OK.
- Train ABBYY FineReader to recognize the new symbols.
- Select the new language as the language of the current document.
- Open the Tools menu and click Options.
- Select the Read tab.
- Select the Use built-in and user patterns option, then select the Read with training option.
If you're using an earlier version of ABBYY FineReader, select the Train user pattern option.
- Click OK.
- Click the Read button to begin recognizing the document and training ABBYY FineReader to recognize the new symbols.