How to perform the first-time activation of the Hardware license?
ABBYY License Manager supports writing the licenses into the hardware dongles.
The License Manager utility is installed automatically during a Developer installation or during a Runtime ABBYY FineReader Engine library installation in automatic mode together with the License Service. The link to this utility is put into the Start menu. It is also possible to launch "LicenseManager.exe" from "Bin" subfolder of the installation folder.
Below are the instructions for writing the license into a dongle:
- Make sure that the dongle is attached to the machine and the Codemeter drivers are installed. Wibu CodeMeter key drivers currently can be installed only during automatic runtime installation.
- "Burn" the license into the key. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Launch FineReader Engine License Manager
- Choose "License" → "Activate…",
- Paste the serial number into the wizard window,
- Follow the wizard steps to connect to the server and activate the license.