ABBYY FineReader Engine has two types of licenses:
- Developer License is used during development. You cannot distribute your program with this license.
- Runtime License is used in copies of a final version of the application, intended to be distributed to end users. This type of license does not permit the compilation of code that uses FineReader/FlexiCapture Engine.
There are two installation types, one for each type of license:
- Developer installation is performed by double-clicking setup.exe or ABBYY FineReader Engine 12.msi.
- Runtime installation is performed by running a command-line command with specific options or by carrying out file operations manually. The details can be found in Help → Distribution → Installing the Library.
If you try to install FR Engine with the runtime license by clicking setup.exe or ABBYY FineReader Engine 12.msi, the Invalid serial number for developer installation error message appears.
- If you want to perform the runtime installation, follow the instructions in Help → Distribution → Installing the Library.
- If you want to perform the developer installation, use the serial number of the Developer License instead of the Runtime one.
Please sign in to leave a comment.