Is it possible to recognize non-standard/decorative fonts in FineReader PDF?
The Recognition with Training feature in FineReader PDF can be used to recognize non-standard fonts. With this feature, it is possible to create custom patterns for recognizing unusual fonts.
To enable the Recognition with Training feature, please follow the steps below:
- Open a document in the OCR Editor.
- Go to the Tools menu > select Options... > go to the OCR tab.
- Activate the Use training to recognize new characters and ligatures option.
- Click the Pattern Editor... button > click the New... button.
- In the Create Pattern dialog box, specify a name for the new pattern and click OK.
- Click OK in the Pattern Editor dialog box > click OK in the Options dialog box.
- Click the Recognize button.
If the program encounters a character it does not recognize, the Pattern Training dialog will open and display this character.
Please find out more about the recognition with training in the User's Guide article: If your printed document contains non-standard fonts.