When trying to run FineReader Engine, the
Failed to run license <Serial
Number>. License allows only local usage. error occurs.
This error can occur when an attempt is made to use a Standalone license via a Network License Server.
When using a Standalone license, a locally installed Licensing Service should be used. To reconfigure FineReader Engine accordingly, the contents of the LicensingSettings.xml file in the Bin64 subfolder of the FineReader Engine installation folder should be modified as follows:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<MainNetworkLicenseServer ServerAddress="localhost" ProtocolType="LocalInterprocessCommunication" />
If this does not resolve the issue, please contact customer support and provide the following information:
- A detailed description of how the installation of FineReader Engine was done:
- using the installation wizard;
- automatically via command-line;
- manually by copying necessary files.
- An AInfo report generated on the machine where the issue occurs.