This can be done in the ABBYY FineReader Engine License Manager and you do not need any additional utilities.
The License Manager utility (LicenseManager.exe) is installed automatically during a Developer installation or during a Runtime ABBYY FineReader Engine library installation in automatic mode (together with the License Service). This utility is accessible through "Start" → "Programs" → "ABBYY FineReader Engine" → "License Manager" or in the Bin folder.
Below you can find the instructions for writing license into a dongle:
1. Make sure that the dongle is attached to the machine and the CodeMeter drivers are installed.
2. Launch FineReader Engine License Manager:
- choose ‘License → Activate… ’,
- paste the serial number into the wizard window,
- follow wizard steps to connect to the server and to activate your license.
For step 2. you’ll need an Internet connection. If you have not, you can write a license to dongle by email.