Before implementing this scenario please check your license:
- for FineReader Engine serial number: it is necessary to have included FlexiCaptureEngine API module;
- for FlexiCapture Engine serial number: it is necessary to have included FineReaderEngine API module.
It is possible to initialize FREngine and FCEngine in the same thread of the application and then process with FREngine THEN FCEngine, but never at the same time. You may implement this scenario in the FlexiCapture Engine. To use ABBYY FineReader Engine API inside of FlexiCapture Engine, you should do the following:
- Make sure that the FineReader Engine API is available in your ABBYY FlexiCapture Engine license.
- FlexiCapture Engine and FineReader Engine are distributed in one package. All necessary files for FineReader Engine are installed automatically during Developer installation. During Runtime installation in automatic mode, you should set the FREngine option. In manual mode installation, copy the files marked in the Distribution Kit section as required for FineReader Engine.
- Now you can transfer the ImageDocument object of FlexiCapture Engine to FineReader Engine, and vice versa. This can be done by saving the ImageDocument object to memory:
a. Use the IImageDocument::SaveImageDocToMemory method of either FlexiCapture Engine or FineReader Engine library to save the corresponding ImageDocument object to memory.
b. Load the ImageDocument object using the IEngine::LoadImageDocFromMemory method of either FineReader Engine or FlexiCapture Engine library.
If you would like to use the FineReader Engine distribution together with the FlexiCapture Engine distribution, it is possible too, but it has more requirements:
- to use the compatible distributions of FREngine and FCEngine;
- the FREngine and FCEngine distributions must be installed to the same folder;
- the objects of the first Engine cannot be used for the second Engine “as is” (and vice versa).