How to remove or change the license number for FineReader?
Note: This article corresponds only to a locally installed FineReader program.
To remove a license:
- Go to the menu Help > About > License Info.
- Select the corresponding license and click on the Remove button:
- You can activate another license in the same dialog windows by clicking on Activate button.
You can also remove the license file from the folder, but we recommend this method only for system administrators or users with advanced technical experience:
- Delete the license file. It has an extension *.ABBYY.License and located by the following path: C:\ProgramData\ABBYY\FineReader\<version number>\Licenses.
- Close the program and restart the ABBYY FineReader Licensing Service:
- Press Windows+R buttons.
- Type services.msc and press Enter.
- Find the ABBYY FineReader Licensing Service in the list of services.
- Right-click the service and select Restart from the shortcut menu.
- Start ABBYY FineReader.
The Activation Wizard will be opened and you will be asked for activation of the program.