To set up automatic actions of folders with ABBYY FineReader Pro for Mac please follow the steps below:
- Download the following archive: FolderAction_Workflow.zip
It contains a FolderAction "FolderActionFRTest" and a workflow "ImageToTextProcess.workflow", this action will be assigned to a folder. Make sure the location of workflow remains unchanged, otherwise FolderAction will not be working correctly.
- Double click the archive to unpack it.
- Double-click the FolderActionsFRTemplate.workflow to launch it.
- In the opened window choose a folder to attach the Folder Action to it and press Open in Automator:
- To view the action which will be associated with the folder click Open on the right of ImageToTextProcess.workflow process:
If this doesn't work, press the workflow name line and choose Other. Select ImageToTextProcess.workflow from the folder. Check the settings of the action and apply changes if needed.
In the opened window check the settings of the action.
- Launch the action with the click on Run button in the upper-right corner of the Automator window.
- Allow Automator to control ABBYY FineReader Pro by pressing OK in the opened window:
You will not need to allow the access to control ABBYY FineReader Pro after this.
- To check whether the action was assigned to the folder successfully open the context menu of the folder with the Ctrl+Click combination, choose Services > Folder Actions Setup > Run service. All actions applied to a folder will be listed on the right of the folders name.
Select the action, press Edit Workflow and go back to the step 5 to change actions settings.