To set up automatic actions of folders with ABBYY FineReader Pro for Mac please follow the steps below:
- Download the following archive: FolderAction_Workflow.zip
It contains a FolderAction "FolderActionFRTest" and a workflow "ImageToTextProcess.workflow", this action will be assigned to a folder. Make sure the location of workflow remains unchanged, otherwise FolderAction will not be working correctly.
- Double click the archive to unpack it.
- Double-click the FolderActionsFRTest to launch it.
- In the opened window choose a folder to attach the Folder Action to it and press Install and then press Open in Automator:
- To view the action which will be associated with the folder click Open on the right of ImageToTextProcess.workflow process:
If this doesn't work, click on the workflow name line and choose Other. Select ImageToTextProcess.workflow from the folder. Check the settings of the action and apply changes if needed.
- In the opened window check the settings of the action.
- Launch the action FolderActionsFRTest with the click on Run button in the upper-right corner of the Automator window.
- Allow Automator to control FineReader Pro by pressing OK in the opened window:
You will not need to allow access to control FineReader Pro after this.
- To check whether the action was assigned to the folder successfully open the context menu of the folder with the Ctrl+Click combination, choose Services > Folder Actions Setup > Run service. All actions applied to a folder will be listed on the right of the folders name. Select the action, press Edit Workflow and go back to step 5 to change actions settings.