To import PDF documents to FineReader PDF for Mobile for further recognition, do the following:
- Open PDF document in any application or internet browser on your phone;
- Tap Share icon;
- Choose FineReader PDF from the list of applications. Your file will be loaded to the appapplication and opened;
- Tap Recognize button and select recognition mode:
- Plain text mode makes on-device text capture without sending document to the server. Text formatting would not be saved. After recognition will be finished, text can be copied or sent to one of the available applications.
- Preserve original formatting mode creates document on the server and save document’s structure and style.
- Select recognition languages and format of resulting file, then press Recognize.
For iPad users
iPad also allows to edit text according to the method specified above. However, starting from iOS 11, tablet is also equipped with Drag&Drop. With this interactive feature, there is no need to swap between windows, simply drag a document into the required application:
- Tap a PDF which should be added to FineReader PDF;
- Hold it and tap Home button, then drag the document onto FineReader PDF icon and to the document list on the left;
- Release the document and the application will open it;
- Now document can be edited or recognized like on iPhone. Recognition results may be also dragged and dropped to a mail client or any other application
Please sign in to leave a comment.