Digital signature is not displayed as available for signing in FineReader PDF
The most common cause is that the signature does not have a valid root certificate.
Digital signatures available for signing in ABBYY FineReader PDF are located in the Personal certificate store of a user account. All certificates that contain a Private Key are shown in the application. Make sure you have a Trusted Root Certificate for the signature you want to use.
To see the list of the certificates available in the MS certificate Personal Storage:
- Press Windows+R, type certmgr.msc and click OK;
- Open Personal > Certificates;
- Find the certificate you use for signing in FineReader PDF;
- Right-click on it and select Open and make sure that the certificate is valid;
- Open the Certification Path tab and make sure that all certificates in the tree including the Trusted Root Certificate are valid.
After the document is signed with a valid signature, PDF viewer may display it as invalid on a computer that does not have a Trusted Root Certificate that was used to sign the document.
thank you, but what to do, if everything is checked, but Abbyy won´t display the desired signature? I´ve got a certificate on a smartcard, that works with a cardreader & secsigner, but won´t work with AbbyFineReader - I´ve checked on Window`s certificate-manager:
What else might be wrong, why Abbyy won´t display my certificate?
Best regards Volker
I have created a support ticket based on your comment. Please await a reply from our Support Team.
Please sign in to leave a comment.