What settings are available in BCR for iOS and what are they for?
In the BCR application the following settings are available:
Go to this section to select a language for the business cards recognition. 25 languages are supported. Up to 3 languages can be selected at a time. English is set by default for the correct email address recognition.
Format phone numbers
Turn on this function if phone numbers need to be automatically converted into the international format by adding the country code.
Go to this section to select the place the business cards should be saved to. The following options are available:
- CardHolder: scanned business cards will be saved only in BCR.
- CardHolder and Contacts: scanned business cards will be saved in BCR and iPhone Contacts.
- CardHolder and Salesforce: scanned business cards will be saved in BCR and exported to the Salesforce Leads.
- CardHolder, Contacts and Salesforce: scanned business cards will be saved in BCR and iPhone Contacts and also exported to the Salesforce Leads.
- Always ask: if this option is turned on, BCR will always ask where to save scanned business cards.
If contacts are not saved to the iPhone contact list, please consult the article: Contacts are not saved to the device contact list.
Sharing business cards
Send automatically to email
Go to this section to set up the business card sending, language, and welcome email text. The following settings are available:
- Message language: select the language of a welcome email with your business card.
- Send automatically: enable the option to send the welcome email with your business card attached after each scanned business card is saved in the app.
- My card: select a business card out of the My card folder that will be attached to the welcome email.
- Template text: set up the welcome email text.
Create your business card
Go to this section to create your business card manually without scanning the paper one:
- Fill in all the required fields.
Add logo: select the option to place a company logo on the business card by taking a photo of it.
Use crop to select the logo area. Tap the Magic Wand at the bottom of the screen to improve the brightness and contrast of the photo.
- Tap the checkmark in the upper right corner to save the created business card.
Information about setting up the automatic sending of business cards in BCR for iOS can be found in the article: How to set up automatic sending of business cards in BCR for iOS.
My card's QR code
Turn on this option to display the QR code of your business card.
Turn on this function to take pictures of business cards using a flash. It is also possible to turn on/off the flash on the camera screen.
Turn on this function to save photos to the camera gallery.
Turn on this function to improve the brightness and contrast of photos automatically.
Document mode in Camera
The option offers the ABBYY app designed for scanning documents - FineReader PDF application.
Go to this section to edit business card groups:
Edit: tap the button to delete or rearrange business card groups.
Add new group: tap this button to create a new business card group. It is also possible to create a new group from the search panel on the main screen by tapping Add new group.
Go to this section to create a backup of the business cards database: Saving a backup copy of the Cardholder in BCR for iOS.
Go to this section to restore contacts from the backup: Restoring a database from a backup in BCR for iOS.
Show ABBYY news
Turn on this function to receive advertising and marketing messages from ABBYY: email newsletters or push notifications about new app features, promotions, and discounts.
Improve ABBYY services
Turn on this function to help us to improve the BCR app by sharing the app usage data.
Information about exporting business cards to Salesforce, CSV, and restoring purchases in the app can be found in the following article: Settings, part 1. Export to Salesforce, CSV, and restoring purchases in BCR for iOS.