Updates and Downloads
An update for ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap 5.0 (MAC version) is available for download.
This update includes the following changes:
- This update supports compatibility with Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
- A problem resulting in the display of “Internal Program Error” during PDF recognition has been fixed.
- A problem resulting in abnormal termination during “Scan to Word” of PDF files has been fixed.
- A problem where PDFs created by “Scan to SearchablePDF” have a different page size from that of the input PDF has been fixed.
CAUTION: When you perform “Scan to SearchablePDF” conversions with large PDF files (for example a file of 1000 pages or more), an error may occur because of a shortage of disk space. If this happens, please increase the disk space available or divide the PDF into several files, and repeat the recognition process.
This Update contains the following changes from Updates 1 and 2:
- An issue preventing the display of help files has been fixed.
- An issue preventing the opening of Microsoft Word files that have not been created by "Scan to Word” has been fixed.
- A bug affecting the use of the “Image quality” option when using Scan to Searchable PDF has been fixed.
- A bug causing ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap to quit during "Scan to Word" with PDF files has been fixed.
- A bug causing "Internal program error" to be displayed when utilizing "Scan to Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Searchable PDF" has been fixed.
Note: To check the part number of your software, please open the main window of ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap and click the About button.
Steps to install the update:
- Download the distribution kit using the lihttps://share.abbyy.com/index.php/s/ynbgse2YPH3HCsonk.
- Remove the version of FineReader for ScanSnap installed on your Mac
- Run the *.dmg file downloaded.
- Follow instructions for installation.
Once the installation of this update is completed, ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap 5.0 will be ready to run.
Please contact Technical support if you have further question about this update.