This scenario assumes that:
- each running instance of the container directly uses online license, without intermediate licensing server;
- there may be noticeable delay at start and stop phases, so, within single launch it is recommended that the container works at least 5-10 minutes.
To use FREngine 12 with online license please do the following:
1) install docker on your machine (https://docs.docker.com);
2) install FRE12 on your machine (https://abbyy.technology/en:products:fre:linux:v12:start);
3) prepare your application and make sure it works;
4) in the “RUN” phase of Dockerfile please:
- copy files of your application;
- copy files of the FREngine (in this article - into ./fre12 folder);
- do not run activatefre.sh.
5) in the “CMD” phase of Dockerfile please, before running your application, install and run licensing service as follows:
echo "Installing and launching licensing service"
./activatefre.sh < ../af_ans.txt
answer file is attached;
6) in the same script in “CMD” phase please launch your application that uses the FREngine.