As described in the article macOS 10.15 does not let FineReader actions to be launched in Automator. But Folder Action will work if you set up it as described below:
- Create a folder where files you want to OCR will be located.
- Launch Automator.
- Select Folder Action as a document type.
- Create a workflow with FineReader actions from Automator Documents library.
- Select the input folder and set other settings for the workflow.
Note: It is possible to replace original file with the OCRed one. Select the corresponding option in a workflow.
- Save the workflow clicking onto File > Save...
- Go to the input folder, right-click onto it and select Services > Folder Action Setup...
- Click on Run Service button.
- Select Enable Folder Action option.
- Close this window.
- Put file for OCR into the input folder.
In case if files in the input folder are not processing, please check the following security and privacy settings:
- Open System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy.
- Select Files and Folders.
- Under FolderActionsDispatcher enable your Folder Action location.
You can also provide access to full disc using Full Disk Access above Files and Folders.
- Under FineReader both Download and Documents folders should be enabled if you would like to use them.
- Select Automation.
- Enable FineReader for Automator, Automator Installer, FolderActionsDispatcher, Finder.
I do not understand what this is saying...
FineReader Documents library, MAC Documents Library, Automator Documents Library
Thank you for your comment! I`ve added information to the instruction. This is Aumomator library > Documents.
Please sign in to leave a comment.