When configuring the database via the Administration and Monitoring Console you may face the error message:
"The login failed. Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'." Check the connection settings and try again. The connection to the database failed due to the error: Failed to log on to the user 'FCUser'. Check the connection parameters and try again.
Usually, this pop-up message means that either the user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE' is not listed in the SQL Server among the users or it doesn't have sufficient privileges to connect to the SQL server and create any database.
- First-of-all check that SQL was installed in mixed mode (server and win auth).
- Login to SQL Server via SQL Server Management Studio.
- Go to the "Security" directory of the database.
- Right-click the Users directory.
- Select "New User...".
- Add 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE' as a new user.
- In the Data Role Membership area, select db_owner.
- Click OK.
Run the Administration and Monitoring Console as admin and try to create a new database once again.