When trying to reinstall ABBYY FineReader 15 on the same machine, the following error messages appears:
- Internal program data are corrupted. Please reinstall the program or contact your system administrator. Error code: 250
The reinstallation issue may occur due to some files from the previous installation, that are still on the machine.
In order to resolve the issue and install the program, please follow the steps below:
1. Delete the following folders:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\ABBYY FineReader <edition>.
Note: the Program Data folder may be hidden. To show hidden folders, consult the following link: Show hidden files.
2. Download the last release of your copy of FineReader.
You may also request the last release of FineReader creating a support ticket.
3. Start the installation process by right-clicking on the downloaded file and selecting Run as administrator.