When trying to reinstall FineReader <edition> program on the same machine, the following error messages appears:
- ABBYY Licensing Service is unavailable: The RPC server is unavailable.
Diagnostic Message: 950(0x000006BA) 1050(0x000006BA).
- The 'ABBYY FineReader <edition> Licensing Service' (ABBYY.Licensing.FineReader.<edition>) can not be started. Please make sure you have sufficient rights to start the service.
The reinstallation issue may occur due to some files from the previous installation, that are still on the machine.
In order to resolve the issue and install the program, please follow the steps below:
1. Delete the following folders:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\ABBYY FineReader <edition>.
Note: the Program Data folder may be hidden. To show hidden folders, consult the following link: Show hidden files.
2. Download the last release of your copy of FineReader.
You may also request the last release of FineReader creating a support ticket.
3. Start the installation process by right-clicking on the downloaded file and selecting Run as administrator.
If the issue is still actual, after the steps above, please contact the Support Team.