There is no "Go Daddy Root Certificate Authority - G2" line in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities - Certificates section of Certificate Manager (certmgr.msc).
Also, after collecting the C:\Program Files\ABBYY SDK\12\FineReader Engine\Bin\Support\AInfo report it is possible to find an entry like
Online licensing error: f73967e8ce6dd8b55eb17e955eb17e9, 0x0000 0x0003 0x0023
in the C:\ProgramData\ABBYY\SDK\12\Licenses\NetworkServer*.log file.
When the Trusted Root Certification Authority of GoDaddy is missing on a certain machine, it leads to the revocation check problem while establishing the SSL connection with ABBYY Licensing Server. As a result, the Online license cannot work on that machine.
To resolve the issue, please try to add the missing CA with the CertMgr.exe utility:
- Get the certificate files from ABBYY sites (https://license-cloud.abbyy.com/heartbeat and account.abbyy.com). For example, in Google Chrome you may do the following:
- Click the Secure button (a padlock) in an address bar.
- Click the Show Certificate button.
- Go to the Details tab.
- Click the Export button.
- Save the certificate to a file (for example, using license-cloud.cer as a filename)
- Install CertMgr.exe as a part of Windows 10 SDK (download) or download the utility directly from ABBYY Share: https://share.abbyy.com/index.php/s/GGi7HemHCdKd5ia
- Run the command prompt or Powershell in Administrator mode (cmd.exe - right click - Run as Administrator) and run the following command:
CertMgr.exe -add license-cloud.cer -s -r localMachine root
In case you get the "Failed to save to the destination store" error after executing a command, the following article might help: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/0302488e-eb00-4385-92b8-f06317b586dc/certmgrexe-install-thrusted-publisher-certificate-problem?forum=windowssdk
After adding the certificate with CertMgr.exe, open Certificate Manager (Run - certmgr.msc) and see if GoDaddy appeared in the Trusted Root Certification Authority list:
certutil -verify -urlfetch license-cloud.cer
command. There should be a line "Leaf certificate revocation check passed" at the end of the command output which means certificate checking has been passed successfully.
In extra cases, you might get the "Failed to communicate with the online licensing service" error even when all the requirements from the Online protection tips article are met. The issue could be caused by the missing Trusted Root Certification Authority on the used machine.