While working with the FlexiCapture Invoice project, the user cannot work with the project and constantly sees the pop-up message: "Referenced file not found: '<DataSet name>' " (<DataSet name> could be 'Vendors', 'Business Units', 'Purchase Orders' and any other DataSets typically used in the FlexiCapture Invoice project).
The issue is most probably related to the corresponding DataSet corruption.
To restore the corrupted DataSet in the Invoice project please perform the following steps:
1. Close project setup station if it’s opened.
2. Start Process Monitor utility (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon ). Set it to capture only file system activity.
3. Start Project Setup Station and try to open DocDef editor for DocDef with the issue. Wait until the file not found message appears, remember the file name.
4. Go to the Process Monitor, stop activity capture and set filter to show only records containing the file name in path – there should be path to temp folder ending with [<N>]<FileName> where <N> – some number, <FileName> – name of the data set.
5. Open the FlexiCapture File Storage folder and find the last available data set caches (the path will look like <FileStoragePath> <SomeGUID> \project_<ProjectId> \DatabaseCaches_TemplateCaches \Template_<TemplateId> \Version_<VersionNumber>). If there is only one project with one invoice DocDef then access to FC database isn’t required; otherwise, probably, you should find the corresponding project id and template id. Usually, the last <VersionNumber> should be used.
6. Select the folder with name <FileName> from the step 4, copy to the temp folder and add [<N>] to the name.
Repeat steps 3-6 (without Start project setup station on step 3 and stop activity capture on step 4) for all data sets with the issue. When the DocDef will be finally opened, go to the Data Sets tab and update data sets. Save the changes and publish the DocDef.
Can someone please translate this?
Because i am having this issue and this guide doesnt really help.
How do i know my Template ID with multiple Document Definitions. Do i just use the most recently changed? altho the last change is more than 2 months ago?
What is step 6 even supposed to be. What exactly do i copy.
Add [<N>] where?
Do i copy my BusinessUnits Folder to the temp Folder where the files InvoiceSettings.xml and InvoiceSettings.xml.objectlock are? And then rename it to BusniessUnits? What? Why not BusniessUnits?
What exactly am i supposed to do in the Database after? Where in the Database do i find it and what do i do then?
Nothing personal but this is an awful guide, please clear it up
This is my procmon message
NAME NOT FOUND
Now what do i copy from where to where and what do i do in the database?
This saved my users hours of address changes and adding missing vendors. Thanks so much!!
Also had no problem following the guide however another way of saying what you are may be with an example.
I found BusinessUnits folder in my external storage copied that folder to the file path found from Process monitor. However the path of the missing file in process monitor has BusinessUnits. So changed the one I copied to look the same. Thus changing the name of the copied file to BusinessUnits.
Also I didn't look in my database but the only need to look there is to determine which folder in the external storage to look in. In my case I had alot more data in one of my folders so assumed that that was the one I wanted.
Please sign in to leave a comment.