While working with the FlexiCapture Invoice project, the user cannot work with the project and constantly sees the pop-up message: "Referenced file not found: '<DataSet name>' " (<DataSet name> could be 'Vendors', 'Business Units', 'Purchase Orders' and any other DataSets typically used in the FlexiCapture Invoice project).
The issue is most probably related to the corresponding DataSet corruption.
To restore the corrupted DataSet in the Invoice project please perform the following steps:
1. Close project setup station if it’s opened.
2. Start Process Monitor utility (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon ). Set it to capture only file system activity.
3. Start Project Setup Station and try to open DocDef editor for DocDef with the issue. Wait until the file not found message appears, remember the file name.
4. Go to the Process Monitor, stop activity capture and set filter to show only records containing the file name in path – there should be path to temp folder ending with [<N>]<FileName> where <N> – some number, <FileName> – name of the data set.
5. Open the FlexiCapture File Storage folder and find the last available data set caches (the path will look like <FileStoragePath> <SomeGUID> \project_<ProjectId> \DatabaseCaches_TemplateCaches \Template_<TemplateId> \Version_<VersionNumber>). If there is only one project with one invoice DocDef then access to FC database isn’t required; otherwise, probably, you should find the corresponding project id and template id. Usually, the last <VersionNumber> should be used.
6. Select the folder with name <FileName> from the step 4, copy to the temp folder and add [<N>] to the name.
Repeat steps 3-6 (without Start project setup station on step 3 and stop activity capture on step 4) for all data sets with the issue. When the DocDef will be finally opened, go to the Data Sets tab and update data sets. Save the changes and publish the DocDef.