The setup process for MAPI import does not differ much from any other Hot Folder import setup. To set up the MAPI image import profile follow the procedure:
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Open the Project Setup Station or the Administrator Station.
- Open the Image Import Profiles and click New...
- Choose the MAPI type of Hot Folder and click Browse.
- Choose the folder that you wish to import from.
- On the CleanUp Folder tab specify the maibox folders that will be used to store the processed and exception items.
- Finish the creation of the MAPI Import Profile.
Note that in order for MAPI import to work, the Microsoft Outlook with needed maibox must be opened on the same computer where the Processing Station (for ABBYY FlexiCapture Distributive) or Operator Station (for ABBYY FlexiCapture Standalone) is running. The bitness of Microsoft Outlook has to be the same as the bitness of ABBYY FlexiCapture 12. If you are using the 64-bit version of ABBYY FlexiCapture 12, you will need to use the 64-bit version of Microsoft Outlook.
In order for the Processing Station or Operator Station to be able to access the mailbox, the Operator Station (Standalone) or the Processing Station (Distributed) must be run under the user account that is used for accessing the mailbox.
To change the user account for the Processing Station open the Windows Services, find the ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 Processing Station service and change the account on the Log On tab.