In order to start using Family Sharing feature, you will need to make sure that all of your Apple devices support the feature – you need an iPhone, an iPad or an iPod Touch running iOS 8 or later.
Tap Settings > tap your name > Family Sharing > select Set Up Family Sharing > Get Started, and follow the onscreen instructions to set up your family and invite your family members.
In iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Settings > iCloud > Set Up Family Sharing and follow the on-screen instructions.
Add your family (note that each family member must have their own Apple ID):
- In the Family Sharing settings, tap Add Member.
- Enter your family member’s name or e-mail address and follow the on-screen instructions.
- In iOS 11 or later, choose if you want to send an invitation via Messages or invite your family member personally and follow the on-screen instructions.
Invitations can be accepted directly from e-mail messages or from text messages. If your family member accidentally deletes an invitation, they can still accept it by tapping Settings > Apple ID > Invitations. In iOS 10.2 or earlier, they will need to go to Settings > iCloud > Invitations.
Download purchases on your iPhone
- If you're not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
- Open the store app that you want to download content from, then go to the Purchased page.
- App Store: Tap your profile picture in the upper-right corner, then tap Purchased.
- iTunes Store: Tap More icon, then tap Purchased.
- Tap your family member's name to see their content.
- To download an item, tap Download icon next to it.
What you can't share:
- Individual or student Apple Music subscriptions and other third-party subscriptions.
- Items that are no longer available on the App Store and iTunes Store.
- Items that you or another member of your family group have hidden.
- Some apps from the App Store.
More information about Family Sharing can be found in Apple articles:
How to download apps and content that your family members purchased
Please sign in to leave a comment.