The following error message appears when a workstation is used to interact with a project on the application server:
"Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.EventLog'.'PK__EventLog_' in database '<Database_name>' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup."
This error message usually appears when the FlexiCapture database has reached its maximum size. In SQL Server 2005 Express, for example, databases are limited to 4 GB.
There are two ways to fix this problem.
1. Delete excess data
If you can still access the project, follow the instructions below.
- Use the senior verification operator's account to access the Verification Station and switch to the Batches view.
- Remove any batches you don't need, such as batches that have already been processed and exported.
- In the Administration and Monitoring Console, select Monitoring → Event Log or Service → Cleanup and clear the Event log. The Event log is usually one of the largest tables in the database.
- Once you have removed the batches you don't need and cleared the Event log, stop all of the workstations and the Processing Server. Use the Administration and Monitoring Console to remove the remaining sessions, and then let ABBYY FlexiCapture run uninterrupted for 10-15 minutes so that it can finish removing data.
- Execute the Shrink command on the FlexiCapture Database.
If you can no longer access the project, clear the EventLog table using the tools available in SQL Server.
Start the Processing Server and the workstations after the operation is completed.
2. Switch to another version of SQL Server
If you have a version of SQL Server that supports databases of greater or unlimited size, use SQL Server's standard tools to transfer the FlexiCapture database to that server.
Once you've transferred the database, open the Administration and Monitoring Console and disconnect from the database on the old server and connect to the database on the new server using the Connect to existing database button.
Please note that you will need to connect to the database under an account that has administrator rights for the database (see the Permissions page in the Administration and Monitoring Console. If you try to connect using an account that doesn't have these rights, you will get the "You do not have permissions to open this page" message.
There are a couple of things you can do to avoid such situations in the future.
- Regularly remove batches that have already been exported. You can either do this manually or set up automatic removal.
- Regularly clear the Event log and report data. An automatic log clearing feature became available in build 10.0.2.1134 of FlexiCapture.
- Select Recovery model: Simple in the database's properties.
- Clear the Transaction log of the database regularly.
You can find detailed information about the settings in the System Administrator's Guide.