How to install FineReader PDF on multiple computers in organization?
Here are the steps to do for installing FineReader PDF 15 in local network (mass installation). You can use it for Concurrent, Per Seat and Remote User licenses (to manage them via License Manager utility).
- On Server download the distributive package from the link (that corresponds to the version purchased).
Note: the Server machine (which will be used as License Server) should be always accessible from all workstations by the sever name (for Concurrent and Remote User licenses).
- Run the downloaded *.exe file. It will be extracted into temp folder (e.g. C:\Temp\FR15), after that AutoRun wizard starts automatically.
- In AutoRun wizard choose Mass installation -> Install and activate using License Manager -> Step 1. Install the License Server and the License Manager.
During this step you will be able to enter Server name. After that you'll have License Server and License Manager installed on this Server.
- Please run ABBYY FineReader 15 Administrative Tools - ABBYY FineReader License Manager, add and activate serial number(s) you've purchased in the License Manager.
- On the Server (on the same server where License Server is installed or on any other) create a shared folder where Administrative installation point will be created - it should be accessible from all workstations, e. g.: \\Server\FR15SRV.
- In the AutoRun wizard please complete the next step - Step 2. Create an administrative installation point.
While following Step 2 you'll be able to set Server Name (where License Server is installed) and also UNC path to the shared folder where administrative installation point will be created (use path like \\Server\FR15SRV, where "Server" is name of your Server (it is also shown in License Manager main window)).
- After you have completed previous steps you can install FineReader onto workstations.
Installing ABBYY FineReader on workstations using one of the following methods:
- manually in interactive mode
- via the command line
- using Active Directory
- using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
For more detailed instructions consult information in our Help: Installing ABBYY FineReader PDF 15 on Workstations (Installing ABBYY FineReader 14 on Workstations).
- If to install FineReader onto a workstation using interactive mode - user on the workstation could open folder \\Server\FR15SRV, run Setup.exe and follow the installation wizard. After this is completed you can run FineReader on the workstation and it should take a license from the Server (it shouldn't require the activation!). You'll be able to see in License Manager that the status of a license changed to "Running on workstation_name" (for Concurrent licenses) or "Activated on workstation_name" (for Per Seat licenses).