How to install FineReader PDF 15 on multiple computers?
Here are the steps to install FineReader PDF 15 in the local network (mass installation). This installation method can be used for Concurrent, Per Seat, and Remote User licenses (to manage them via the License Manager utility).
- On the Server, download the distributive package from the link (make sure it corresponds to the version purchased).
Note: the Server machine (which will be used as License Server) should be always accessible from all workstations by the server name (for Concurrent and Remote User licenses).
- Run the downloaded *.exe file. It will be extracted into the temp folder (e.g. C:\Temp\FR15) and after that the AutoRun Wizard starts automatically.
- In the AutoRun Wizard, choose Mass installation > Install and activate using the License Manager > Step 1. Install the License Server and the License Manager.
Follow the steps of the Installation Wizard. The License Server and License Manager will be installed on this Server.
During this step, it is possible to specify the folder where the License Manager should be installed.
- Launch FineReader License Manager, add and activate the purchased serial number(s) in it.
- On the Server (on the same server where License Server is installed or on any other), create a shared folder where the Administrative installation point will be created. It should be accessible from all workstations, e. g.: \\Server\FR15SRV.
- In the AutoRun Wizard window, complete Step 2. Create an administrative installation point.
Follow the instructions of the Installation Wizard. During this step, specify the name of the server where the License Server is installed and the UNC path to the shared folder where the administrative installation point will be created (use a path like \\Server\FR15SRV, where "Server" is the name of the Server (it is also shown in License Manager main window)).
Note: A server's IP address can be used instead of its name.
- Close the AutoRun Wizard window and the Installation Wizzard.
- After completing the previous steps, install FineReader PDF onto workstations using one of the following methods:
- manually in interactive mode;
- via the command line;
- using Active Directory;
- using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
For detailed instructions, consult the corresponding section of the FineReader 15 System Administrator's Guide - Installing ABBYY FineReader PDF 15 on Workstations.
- To install FineReader onto a workstation in interactive mode, open the Administrative installation folder (e.g.: \\Server\FR15SRV), on the workstation, run Setup.exe, and follow the instructions of the Installation Wizard.
- After this is completed, run FineReader PDF on the workstation, it should take a license from the Server. The status of a license in the License Manager will be changed to "In use by user user_name" (for Concurrent licenses) or "Activated on workstation_name" (for Per Seat licenses).
Please sign in to leave a comment.