The Software Development Kit ABBYY FineReader Engine 10.x will enter the End of Life stage as of 1 September 2021, at which time ABBYY will end support for this SDK product.
- After 1 September 2020, it will not be possible to buy additional runtime license, only support is available
- After 1 September 2021, it will not be possible to receive technical support for this product
- Customers of ABBYY FineReader Engine 10.x should contact their ABBYY account managers during the upcoming months to understand their options for upgrading to the latest version of ABBYY FineReader Engine (version 12).
See for yourself - test ABBYY FineReader Engine 12
Compared to the version 10.5, the latest release of ABBYY FineReader Engine 12 leverages artificial intelligence technologies for the highest recognition results and offers many brand-new features and enhancements:
- New recognition languages: Farsi (technical preview), Arabic, Turkmen, Old Slavonic, Georgian, Burmese, simple mathematical formulas
- Faster and improved recognition of Asian languages with AI approach
- New module for detecting content differences between two versions of the same document
- Enhanced layout reconstruction
- Support for input of Office documents
- Ready-made data extraction from machine-readable zones in ID documents
- Ready-made data extraction from business cards
- Several advanced methods for faster document processing
- Advanced document classification based on AI algorithms
- Recognition of several new barcodes
- Advanced PDF processing options
- Broad set of new export formats and enhanced saving options (latest ALTO, PDF/A, XML and many other formats)
- Deployment in the cloud, virtual environments and dockers
- For the Linux & Mac version: ICR and OMR functionalities (until version 12, these functionalities were available only in the Windows version)
- …and many more
Note: For customers having a Software Maintenance and Upgrade Assurance (SMUA) contract in place, this upgrade will be free of charge.