Part # 1380/9, 1381/9, 1382/9, 1395/4
Release date: 02.06.2020
New features and improvements:
- The product name has changed: ABBYY FineReader PDF 15.
- Form Editor: creation and editing of interactive (fillable) PDF forms (more details: Creating forms).
- Gothic (Fraktur) OCR support for converting old books printed in 18th – early 20th century (see the list of supported languages here).
- Update of the OCR technology core.
- Improved conversion to searchable PDF: resulting PDF file size is reduced while keeping the same or better visual quality.
- Improved PDF form filling: calendar is supported, some bugs fixed.
- Improved PDF editing: visual alignment assistant that helps to align a text block or a picture with other elements on the page.
- Free trial period for individual trial of FineReader PDF 15 is 7 days.
List of the bugs fixed:
- Stylus (Ink tool) support: sometimes, it was not possible to write a vertical stroke with a stylus.
- Installation failure when installing PDF-XChange virtual printer.
- PreciseScan feature did not work properly.
- FineReader printing settings could rewrite system printing settings and affect other applications.
- Various program errors