Part # 1380/8, 1381/8, 1382/8, 1395/3
Release date: 26.12.2019
New features and improvements:
- Full document preview for PDFs in Windows Explorer and Microsoft Outlook: scroll through the pages before opening the document.
- Faster PDF opening
- Improved table and text extraction from PDFs: better usability, improved retention of text formatting.
- New, informative FineReader 15 update notifications in Windows 10: click “Download” to run the update or “Learn More” to find out what’s new in it.
- New in-product update notification with “Update Available” button.
List of the bugs fixed:
- Security vulnerability in “ABBYY network license server” service allowed local user to gain privileged access on local computer via manipulations involving files and using symbolic links on Microsoft Windows (CVE-2019-20383). ABBYY credits Vasily Kravets for responsibly reporting the vulnerability.
- The program could crash when merging PDF documents with bookmarks into one.
- In OCR Editor, structure of a table wasn’t retained when copying it from the Text pane.
- Text doubling when saving to searchable PDFs “text under image” type and with MRC on.
- The program could crash when converting text files with some specific fonts to PDF.
- Korean characters entered in the Search field in PDF Editor could disappear.
- Errors when printing PDFs from FineReader could happen if Adobe Reader was also installed.
- Interactive PDF form fields were not displayed when using drawing tools.
- When adjusting table grid before extracting the table from a PDF, the grid image wasn’t updated on screen.
- Fields of an interactive PDF form could remain interactive when saving it to image-only PDF.