QuestionIs it possible to recognize Arabic and Farsi languages?
OCR for Arabic and Farsi
ABBYY FineReader Engine allows developers and software engineers to include OCR functionalities for Arabic and Farsi languages into their applications.
- The Arabic OCR has been in introduced in ABBYY FineReader Engine
- Version 10 as a technology preview
- With the introduction of version 11, the OCR for Arabic was further enhanced and introduced as an official feature.
- The Farsi OCR was firstly introduced during the life cycle of ABBYY FineReader Engine 11
- Version 11, Release 4 as a technology preview
- With the introduction of version 12, the feature OCR for Farsi is officially supported.
Licensing OCR for Arabic and Farsi
The OCR for Arabic and the OCR for Farsi are licensed as an add-on modules which can be licensed additionally to the main SDK.
ABBYY Arabic OCR in use
One example of using ABBYY OCR technology for Arabic recognition is the software product ABBYY FineReader Server. If you would like to see a demo, please click here >
Market for Arabic and Farsi OCR
According to Wikipedia almost 300 millions people worldwide speak Arabic as their native languages and more than 70 millions are native speakers of Farsi.
If you are interested to include Optical Character Recognition for Farsi and Arabic into your application, download a trial version of FineReader Engine.
Please sign in to leave a comment.