FineReader 15 has 2 scenarios for working with SharePoint Online:
- Export to HotFolder;
- CheckIn/CheckOut functionality support for PDF Editor (for detailed info please visit Save to SharePoint).
Note. Microsoft SharePoint Client should be installed (FineReader15 installs the component on the computer if it's missing).
You can manually download it by this link - SharePoint Online Client Components SDK
We recommend you to access SharePoint using normalized links.
Normalization method (this method only works when using Internet Explorer as a browser.):
- Navigate to the desired library;
- Add the SharePoint site as "Trusted site" in Internet Explorer;
- Click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
- Click the Security tab.
- Now click on Trusted sites and then click on the sites button.
- Enter the Website URL and click on Add:
- When you are finished, click on Close.
- In the SharePoint library Click All Documents and View in File Explorer:
- It is possible that you will get a prompt. Click Allow.
- Open the Library, click Library from the menu and Open with Explorer.
- The library will be opened in Windows Explorer, copy the address which can be found in the address bar.
- Copy the link in the Save to SharePoint section:
PDF Editor requires UNC path or local path. In the case of such work with SharePoint, a UNC path can be obtained by Copy As Path by Right Mouse Button, or by copying the Location line from the document properties:
In PDF Editor, you can open the file by copying the path to the Open File dialog menu:
Note: For SharePoint Online Microsoft no longer recommends the network path connection method. Suggested using the OneDrive sync method. In this case, the file is accessible through explorer and file dialogs.