The following error message pops up when trying to launch FineReader:
Service ABBYY FineReader <product version> Licensing Service
(ABBYY.Licensing.FineReader. <product version>) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.
The issue can appear on a workstation that uses endpoint security software (e.g. Carbon Black antivirus software) or some files from the previous installation were not removed: "FineReader Licensing Service can not be started" error message during the reinstallation.
There are 2 known solutions to fix this issue:
Solution 1: completely disable all defensive processes in antivirus software (if it's possible without any risk);
Solution 2: add folders and processes of FineReader to exceptions:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\ABBYY FineReader <product version>
- %username%\AppData\Local\ABBYY\FineReader\<product version>
- %username%\AppData\Roaming\ABBYY\FineReader\<product version>
- C:\ProgramData\ABBYY\FineReader\<product version>
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ABBYY\FineReader\<product version>
Please sign in to leave a comment.