Licensing system for ABBYY Technologies
The ABBYY technology licensing system is divided into three types of licenses:
- SDK Trial Licences - this license is provided to test the SDK functionality. It is typically limited in time as well as in the number of pages that can be processed. This license is free of charge.
- Development License Kit - this license is provided for the actual development of the final application. The Development License is a commercial license that is charged for.
- Runtime Licences - this license is needed to roll out the final application to customers. It is a commercial license that is charged for.
For more information on particular licence type please refer to the articles:
What is a 'Customer Project ID'?
The 'Customer Project ID' is a unique string (e.g. F3O1OV0CkT1PTXIa3dyp) shared by all licences - Trial, Developer and Runtime - for one customer project.
What is the 'Customer Project ID' used for?
For the correct operation of the SDK, the 'Customer Project ID' has to be passed to the functions, which load the Engine. It is passed as one of the input parameters, e.g.:
Engine loading function in FineReader Engine 12:
HRESULT __stdcall InitializeEngine(
When installing the developer tool kit for trial or development purposes, the installation wizard will prompt for entering the 'Customer Project ID'.
The installation routine will adjust the code and demo samples - these can be run directly after the SDK installation and the activation of the corresponding licence.
More details can be found in the user's guide of the particular SDK:
- Distribution of applications using the ABBYY FineReader Engine library
- InitializeEngine Function
Please sign in to leave a comment.