Build 15.0. 115.5572
Part # 1380/14, 1381/14, 1382/14, 1395/9
Release date: 17.12.2020
New features and improvements:
- Search and Replace function for PDFs to search for keywords or key phrases and replace them with another text at once throughout the document.
- Command line support: using command line to run document conversion and comparison is now available.
- Improved quality of editing PDFs in Arabic language.
- New type of the Help content file supplied with the product distributive: .chm file has been replaced with a .pdf file.
Note: the main and the most convenient way to use FineReader’s Help system is online. The file in the distributive is the auxiliary source for the cases when Internet isn’t available.
List of the bugs fixed:
- Excessive memory consumption resulting in “Not enough memory” error during conversion, background recognition, saving comparison reports, etc for big documents.
- In-product update issues.
- Excessive dialogues when adding a digital signature from a smart card.
- Problems with display of Japanese characters in Verification dialogue and in PDF Editor after editing.
- Other program errors.
Other important notifications:
- Starting from the next Release (Release 8), we will stop supporting Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows 8* in ABBYY FineReader PDF 15. It will still be possible to install upcoming Releases and updates, but we do not guarantee they will work correctly in these versions of Windows. Current system requirements for FineReader PDF 15 are published on our website.