Why is it not possible to purchase a subscription for the ABBYY application on iOS (the circle is spinning, etc)?
If the purchase of a subscription for a mobile application for iOS (BCR, FineReader PDF, TextGrabber) can not be conducted for some technical reason, please try to do the following:
- Restart the mobile device.
- Check that an Internet connection is stable and\or try to switch between Internet connection types (Wi-Fi, LTE, etc.)
Try to purchase the subscription.
In case the issue persists, please make sure that in-app purchases are enabled in the Screen Time settings on the device. To turn them on, follow the instructions below:
- Go to Settings on iPhone.
- Tap Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions:
This option is turned on: tap iTunes and App Store Purchases.
This option is turned off: skip this instruction, and go to the next solution.
- Tap In-app Purchases.
- Choose Allow.
This enables in-app purchases. Try to purchase the subscription.
If all the instructions from above did not help or the Content & Privacy Restrictions option was turned off, then the other possible solution is to check and update the information associated with the Apple ID. Please do the following:
- Go to Settings on iPhone and tap your name on the top of the screen.
- Choose Payment & Delivery. Enter the Apple ID and password if needed.
- Verify that the credit card or PayPal information is up to date. If needed, add or edit the payment information.