When trying to export Workflow settings or Configuration file the following error message appears:
"The system cannot find the path specified."
The error message described may occur because of several reasons:
- Windows username was changed;
- Documents or other default user folder is not available (was removed or redirected);
Invalid Registry branches paths.
- Windows username:
- Open the Windows Environment Variables (go to Control Panel > System and Security > System > Advanced System Settings, click Environment Variables...,);
- Check the TEMP and TMP variables values (it should contain your Windows username);
- Correct the inconsistency between the values or try to change them to C:\Temp.
- Documents(or other defaults user folders):
- Open C:\Users\%username%;
- Create Documents folder if it doesn't exist.
- Registry branches:
- Press Windows + R on a keyboard, enter Regedit, and launch registry editor as administrator.
- In the registry editor find the registry branches:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders;
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders.
- Make sure that the correct paths for all user folders are displayed in the registry branches.