How to create a Data Set in FlexiCapture 12 using the data from a table in an Excel file?
In order to create a Data Set using the data from a table in an Excel file follow the instruction provided below:
- Define the Name for a table: select the needed data in a table and choose Define Name from the right-click menu. Enter the new Name for your data. Save and close the Excel file.
- Open the ODBC Data Source Administrator (64-bit) application and follow the steps from the screenshot below.
- In a Document Definition Editor menu open the Document Definition > Document Definition Properties > Data Sets tab. Open the Data Set and set the Source to Database. Specify the Connection string as follows.
- Provider: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers.
- Use data source name: Excel Files.
- Enter the initial catalog to use: select your workbook from the dropdown.
- Select the Database table. You should be able to select a table by a Name that was specified in step 1.